Tax reporting considerations
- Customers in other countries can sell through dotPhoto, but must accept payments through PayPal.
- Tax IDs are not required for payments made through PayPal because PayPal tracks and reports payments.
- Tax IDs ARE required when paid by check.
To be paid, accounts must either be paid via PayPal or have a valid business tax number (Federal ID #) or social security number for reporting purposes. If paid by PayPal, we do not require a tax number because PayPal will handle the tax reporting. You must supply a working telephone number and email address, so that we can contact you about payment questions, returned shipments, incorrect addresses, and other issues associated with reselling.
In special circumstances, you may request a check. There is a $10 check processing fee.
Establishing your Tax ID - Only required for non-PayPal payments.
- In My Account, tap on Selling Your Photos
- Click on Pay Me!
- Scroll down and enter your payment information and your company's Tax ID or your personal social security number. The federal government requires that dotPhoto record that information so that, if we pay you more than a certain amount that the government sets every year, dotPhoto can issue you a form 1099. As of 2014, the threshold amount for a 1099 was $600 annually.
Payments for sales made prior to April 2013
dotPhoto was sold in an asset transaction in April 2013. The previous owners -- MyPhotoAlbum.com -- maintained the liability for any sales made prior to that date.