How do I upload from an iPhone while running dotPhoto.com?
There are a number of techniques for uploading photos from an iPhone to dotPhoto. This procedure shows how to upload directly when running dotPhoto.com on your phone. The screen images were captured on an iPhone 5C.
- Install Google Chrome from the App store. It is free to install. Chrome is the world's most popular browser, and works well with dotPhoto.com
- Run Google Chrome.
- Go to dotPhoto.com and sign into your account.
- Tap on the word, Upload
- On the next screen, scroll down and tap the Add Files button:
- The first time you do this, iPhone will ask you for permission to access photos. Choose OK
- Choose to access the Photo Library
- Choose a group of photos (probably All Photos), then tap the photos you want to upload (a check mark appears on the ones you have selected), and then tap Done. To select a range of photos, tap the first photo and then lightly drag your finger over the other photos in the sequence. The key word is LIGHTLY. If you press too hard, your iPhone will not recognize the multi-select motion. See the video above for a demonstration.
Tap the Start Upload button at the bottom of the screen. You may need to scroll down to see it.
Your files will upload, and will show the progress of each file.