dotphoto accepts up to 20MB files at 6000 dots along the longest side (up to 36 megapixels.) That is a very large file and appropriate for printing and displaying virtually anywhere. dotphoto accepts most popular photo formats, but not RAW files, which are used mainly for editing by professional photographers.
Here are two ways to convert from RAW to JPG so that you can upload your photos to dotphoto:
1. Online RAW conversion tool: https://raw.pics.io/
Raw.pics.io is an in-browser RAW files viewer and converter.
2. Download Irfranview software to batch-convert files on your PC.
Download the free editing program, Irfanview. This sophisticated editing program also offers a powerful bulk conversion routine.
Run Irfranview, and press B on your keyboard. You will see a Batch conversion screen like the one below.
- Make sure you're in Batch conversion
- Set the Output format to JPG.
- Choose your Output directory, so you can find the files when you're finished!
- Add the files you want to convert. You will not lose the old files; you are creating new ones. We recommend that you run a small test first to make sure everything is set up correctly. (In the example below, the files being converted are PNG, but you can convert many kinds of files including RAW.)
- Tap the Start button to run the conversion.