To place an order:
1. Select a photo by clicking on the photo, and then clicking on the cart icon in the lower right corner.
2. You are now in the Quick Order Form where you can order prints or choose other products for this photo. To order prints, fill in the quantities you would like, and then Save Changes or Save Changes & View Cart. The first option takes you back to select more photos; the second takes you to the cart to check out. To select other products, click on Choose cards, frames, posters, mugs & more.
3. If you used the Quick Order Form to order prints, go to cart and check out (see step 6 below). Otherwise, click on the merchandise you want from the store. For instance, choose Framed Photos, Card Store, Mugs, Standard Posters or Photo Cutouts.
4. Ordering merchandise: depending on the product, choose certain options and drag photos from the column on the right onto the product so that you can see how your product will appear before you order it. (This is not true for cutouts, which require some cutting expertise.) For instance, for a mug, you can drag one photo onto the mug, click on the photo to show the edit bar below, enlarge the image by moving the slider, and then dragging the image into place like this:
Alternatively, you can add multiple photos to a mug, card and many other types of merchandise by choosing a template on the bottom row (You may need to scroll down to see the templates). Click on the right arrow of the row to scroll to more templates, and then choose a template with multiple images. For instance, this template wraps three images around a mug:
5. When you are satisfied with your design, click on Add to Cart at the top of the screen. If you do not see the Add to Cart button, use your right browser bar to scroll up. Many products also enable you to Save Project so you can revise and order it later.
6. To complete your order, go to the cart by clicking on View Cart or the Cart button in the upper right.
7. The cart is where you can review your order and Proceed to Check out. Your order will not be placed until you confirm all options at the end of the checkout process. To remove a photo from your cart, click on the icon of the trash can to the right of the photo. To change the quantity of an item, click on the number next to the photo, type the number you want, and click on the Update Cart button. Check your Order Summary in the upper right to ensure that your order is correct. When you are ready to order, click on the Proceed to Checkout button.
8. Enter your shipping information. The fields are labeled as illustrated below, but people sometimes become confused when they start to type over the labels. Email is on the second line with address below. It's important to enter a correct email, so that dotPhoto can update with you shipping dates and contact you in the event of any issues. Click on Continue to Checkout when you ready. If you are only ordering prints, you can also pick them up from a local store by clicking on Order Prints for Local Pickup. (dotPhoto does not control the prices of local stores, which usually charge more for printing.)
9. Choose a Shipping Method and click Continue to Checkout. Club Members receive free economy shipping on most items. Economy and First Class Mail are not trackable: they are the least expensive ways to ship through the U.S. Postal Service; if you would like to track your shipment, choose 2-Day of Overnight.
10. Enter your Payment Information and click on Continue to Checkout.
11. Review your order, (1) confirm the details of the order, and (2) click on Place Your Order. Once your order has been placed, it cannot be changed. Orders are sent immediately to printing, so please ensure that you have correctly specified what you want. As illustrated below, dotPhoto will provide resolution warnings if the photo is too small to print a pleasing picture, but you can override dotPhoto's recommendations.
12. Once you place your order, you will receive an order number and a reminder that you can follow your order in the MyAccount section of your dotPhoto accounts. Guest orders can also be tracked here: https://www.dotphoto.com/GuestOrderDetail.asp Note that "tracking" provides information on the progress of the printing and shipping of your order; tracking a shipment to your door is available only on 2-Day and Overnight orders; economy and First Class shipping are standard U.S. Postal services that do not track individual pieces of mail. If an order is marked "Failed" in Order History, it may have a problem with a credit card or with bad images; please check your email for notices about failed orders or email dotPhoto at dotPhoto Support - email@example.com.